Position: Sr. CAD Designer Department: Design Engineering Reports to: CAD Team Leader
Under the direction of higher-level department management, this position supports the execution of the company’s strategic and tactical plans through department staff for the design engineering program.
This position has responsibilities for planning, coordinating and supervising the computer aided design (CAD) activities for multiple engineering projects. This is done by creating the necessary 2D drawings and 3D models using associated data management in submitting and transferring data for internal and external usage.
- Follow all quality policy standards
- Maintain a safe workplace and follow all regulations and requirements related to safety and environmental compliance
- Support all business objectives of the company by aligning Design Engineering activities with the organizational goals and objectives.
- Review and report project status to department management and design teams regularly.
- Ensure legal compliance in all product CAD activities.
- Work alongside other program project staff (engineering, and sales) as well as with customer engineers to help accomplish and ensure set goals are met, schedules are maintained and problems encountered are satisfactorily resolved.
- Support the research and development, quality control and product modification and improvement activities in alignment with established program objectives.
- Support the direction on design and development activities to improve, modify or design new products.
- Maintain records of project requests, data and modifications.
- Interface with customer independently or as part of a small team for project support project requests.
- Participate in and/or coordinate discussions with design teams and customer to address problem areas and ensure project/product meets all requirements.
- Implements changes requested by customer and design engineering teams to aid in problem resolution and improved product performance.
- Regularly use knowledge of characteristics of product materials and production processes.
- Supports the activities of design engineering groups by creating the necessary 2D drawings and 3D models using associated data management in submitting and transferring data for internal and external usage.
- Defines, generates and interprets GD & T for 2 dimensional drafting.
- Maintains updated working knowledge of OEM product development processes related to CAD processes (Teamcenter).
- Performs new and revised product design using CAD equipment and prepare complete layouts for product designs and modifications.
- Determines scale, performs complex mathematical calculations and prepares layouts for detailing.
- Coordinate and facilitate several small projects/tasks or one major project as necessary.
- Consistently use exceptional customer service skills and work with all levels of staff and maintain strict confidentiality of information.
- Proficient in CATIA V5, Proficient in Parametrization 3D and 2D, Proficient in Design table (KBE is a plus, FEA Simulation is a plus, VBA is a plus, DMU Kinematic is a plus)
- SolidWorks is a plus
- EPDM is a plus
- Proficient in Office 365 (Power Query is a plus, Power Pivot is a plus, PowerApps is a plus, Power Automate is a plus)
Knowledge skills and abilities: Be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily; Be able to perform duties utilizing current company software applications; Have excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills; Perform duties in an ethical and professional manner; Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: College preferred. Thorough knowledge of drafting techniques and engineering terminology.
Experience: Minimum 6-8 years prior experience in CAD design.