Software Engineer – Connected Vehicle Application
Duration: 9 months – Extendable
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate with researcher/trainees/project manager/engineers to come up with elegant transportation/mobility solutions and demonstrate their benefits through connected car technologies.
- Model/implement/validate realistic driving behavior and vehicle interactions to simulate/emulate the traffic events on roads, analyze the impact of traffic events on other vehicles and traffic, design/develop solution methodology to mitigate these impacts on the overall traffic.
- Design, develop and analyze tests/test-automation suites in both software and hardware in the loop platforms.
- Perform engineering analysis, prepare/present reports in support of implemented testbed and applications.
- Maintain, support and enhance the existing testbed and application platforms.
- Create and update documentation of existing testbeds and applications.
Qualifications, Skills & exp required
- B.S./M.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 1+ years of object-oriented software development experience
- 1+ year of experience with developing software for traffic simulators such as AIMSUN, VISSIM, etc.
- Experience with programming languages (C++, Python and C#).
- Experience with development environments (Visual Studio, Pycharm/Anaconda, etc).
- Knowledge of multithreading, multitasking, concurrent programming
- Experience with network/process communication protocols (like MQTT, ZMQ etc).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- (Optional) Experience with front-end development technologies (Unity, Qt and/or HTML)
- (Optional) Experience in some or many of the following areas: machine learning, deep learning, reinforcement learning, etc.